What is the learning content?
The cool thing about Smart City Monitor is that its implementation fosters digital transformation of common city into the Smart City. The system core is a Smart City model as a virtual copy of your real city which runs on the Smart City Engine having connections to all data sources for real time data about ongoing processes. The model results provide human friendly information for all citizens, tourists, visitors and businesses online improving Quality of Life, Economic growth as well as the City budget. Its special applications for the city administration and utility service providers foster sustainable, effective qulity of management.
While the initial implementation of the Smart City urban model based on ISO 37120 is simple, especially in middle size cities and towns, it requires the innovative vision, knowledge of local processes. The model can further acсomodate different applications introduced gradually as step-by-step upgrades revealing novel information services and city visions.
The workshop provides relevant knowledge enabling new professional skills and qualifications.
The workshops provide overview of the Smart City concept, its current status, implementations and practical solution by the Smart City Monitor. Its duration is typically limited to 3-4 hours.
The training workshops provide in-depth knowledge of the various components which are necessary for practical implementation of the platform in the cities and towns.
The workshops are run for 2-3 days upon the schedule. The dates of the workshops will be announced additionally (please sign for news you are interested to be notified)
The locations of the public events are as follows:
1. Vienna, Austria accordingly to the schedule
2. In Municipalities of Cities requested the event onsite (please contact us)
The training modalities
Learning and improving skills in developing Smart City model are available through traditional classroom learning, live-online training and self-paced on-demand courses.
The outline of the course content:
- Overview of Smart City concepts, its current implementation status and trends
- Smart City Monitor as integrated instrument for digital transformation of city processes into quantitative performance metrics, interactions with the citizens, visitors, tourists and local businesses
- Sustainability concepts and its practical implementation by Smart City monitor information instruments for City managers and Citizens
- Smart City information services in management of Quality of Life and implementation of the City Map of Life
- Introduction to international standard ISO 37120:2014: “Sustainable development of communities — Indicators for city services and quality of life”
- What is the Smart City Model as virtual copy of your real complex cyber physical civic system? The city objects, its properties, definitions of indicators, sustainability targets, objects states, data sources, sensors, actuators, constants.
- Building up the model: Data sources and its connectors to the Smart City server
- Sensors and IoT as data streams: How to connect a sensor to the City server
- Linking with automated and intromation city systems
- Planning the city life: Setting indicator targets and its management accordingly to city development plans
- Defining optional city objects’ states and its calculation rules
- Application customization and local development options
- Data exchange between the Smart City server and third party data providers (transport, energy, environment, health, etc)
Answering to the interests of citizens in practice:
- Interactive vision of the urban area, its objects, each object statuses and performances in real time.
- Monitor Dashboard: main features and user commands
- Making the Monitor working for you: introduction to tools and preferences
- Personalized Events and its practical use in your life
- City Maps for viewing the objects: Optional views, commands, widgets, analytic tools
- Monitoring and analysis of urban life: instruments and options
- User interactions with the model: Smart City Monitor dashboard, City Map of Life, Objects reports, Object history of states, Objects and indictors dependencies, descriptors
- Applications for city administrations fostering effective and transparent sustainable local governance
- Expanding areas of city information services: adding supplementary and locally defined indicators, implementing systemic access to data sources, customized event reporting, add-on applications by third party providers etc.
Practical examples and exercises:
- Civic services: Parking place, Pharmacy, Shop, Car repair service
- Aggregated vision to complex processes by ISO 37120: Environment, Economics, etc
- Behavioral patterns of a citizen, a visitor, a tourist, local business service
Smart City Server administration
- Subscribing for service at the Portal, installing, running and administering the Smart City server
- Management and maintenance of the Smart City model, applications and users by local Smart City Teams
- City model backup and restore, server hardware upgrading
- Ensuring security, data protection, city copyrights for the Smart CIty installation
- Legal issues and agreements between the City and its service providers
The duration of session is 2-3 days with 5 hours of training each day, total 15 hours including practicals.
The certificate is provided to each course participant who successfully took the whole course.